Monday, July 18, 2011

The Final Day

In order to try and avoid as much of the heat as possible on my last day on the road, I woke up at 4:00 AM and was on the road by 4:45 AM.  The first 1 ½ hours of driving in the dark was awesome.  It was nice and cool, the moon was shining bright, and there wasn’t another soul on the two lane highway.  It was probably the most peaceful riding I have done during the whole trip.  The landscape looked so different bathed in moonlight as I sped along at 65 mph.  I just had to make sure that I kept my focus on the road ahead and keep a look out for deer.  I am thinking that it wouldn’t be much fun hitting a deer at 65 mph on a motorcycle.


All too soon the sun was up and by 10:30 it was hot and by 11:30 it was miserable.  Fortunately there was some occasional relief because of the scattered clouds which provided shade some of the time.  I arrived home at 1:00 PM hot and sweaty. I quickly unloaded the bike and took a nice cool shower.


I can’t believe the trip is over already.  It seems like it wasn’t that long ago that I was just starting my trip.  I don’t feel ready to start work and the same day to day routine.  I have some thinking to do and decisions to make on what to do next.  I will make one more post later this week with a wrap up of my trip. But now, I am going to get some sleep.

Sorry for the lack of photos, all I wanted to do today was get the hell home and out of the heat.  Maybe it’s time to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment