Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy Birthday to me

Today is my birthday. I turned 47.  It's really hard to believe that I am so close to 50.  It is sort of freaking me out a little.  Friday can't get here soon enough. I need to get on the road.

Today I packed my backpack, well for the most part it's packed. I will add my toiletry kit and laptop before leaving.  I have also pulled out the all important bundle of bungee cords for strapping everything to the bike and laid them out next to the motorcycle.  I will load up the bike on Friday and post a picture of the fully loaded bike.

I am going to try and leave Friday afternoon instead of Saturday morning, in order to get a head start. This way I will be able to take a more leisurely drive to Tempe AZ.

I have been looking forward to this trip for a while now and I am ready to get started.  A friend of mine gave me a book for keeping a journal of my trip. She also collects quotes and she put this quote on the card that came with her gift

"The open road is a beckoning of strangeness, a place where a man can lose himself"
                                                                                        ~William Trogdon~
The open road is definitely beckoning me but instead of losing myself, I hope I can find myself.

1 comment: