Thursday, June 9, 2011

A special thanks

I thought I would take a moment to say thank you to a good buddy of mine, Shawn.  If it wasn't for Shawn, this trip would most likely not be happening.  When I moved to Texas in 1987, I got rid of my motorcycle that I had. I probably wouldn't have even thought of getting a motorcycle again if it wasn't for Shawn. You see, Shawn was going through a divorce at the time and one day he decided he was going to buy a bike.  He needed a ride to the Yamaha dealership to pick up the bike so I gave him a ride to get his bike.  While we were waiting, I saw this V-Star 1100 Custom.  I was sitting on it and thinking how cool it was.  Shawn told me I should get it and well, I thought why not, so I let him talk me into getting the bike.  So, its because of Shawn that I was reacquainted with my love for motorcycles which led to me trading up to the bike I have now, and ultimately, this trip.

Shawn, thanks bro. This trip is dedicated to you, because if it wasn't for you buying your motorcycle all those years ago, I wouldn't be on this trip today.

Cheers,
Rocky

No comments:

Post a Comment