Saturday, June 11, 2011

Lazy Saturday afternoon

I thought I would post a short update on what is going on.  I am still hanging at my sisters place in Gilbert, AZ. My Dad has been stopping by to visit and yesterday my son Cole, flew in to visit for a couple days.  Today we went to have breakfast at the greatness of Einstein's Bagal's and then just spent the afternoon by the pool doing some reading and playing in the pool.

Its been pretty uneventful and even a bit boring just staying in one place for 5 days in a row but the other night I did find an uninvited guest in the kitchen.
I was thinking of just picking the little guy up and throwing him outside when I recalled the wise words of the greatest adventurer of all time, Indiana Jones.
"When it comes to scorpions, the bigger the better. Small one bites you, don't keep it to yourself." From the movie Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Since this guy was pretty little, I decided the safest bet was to smash the living hell out of it with my boot.  I reported the incident to my sister who immediately freaked out, even though she isn't even here right now, and she called the exterminator, who showed up first thing this morning to spray inside and out.

Tonight Cole and I are meeting my Dad and his wife for dinner.  I am starting to get a little restless from being in one spot for so long and I am looking forward to getting back on the road next week, Wednesday.
"Solitude shows us what should be; society shows us what we are" Robert Cecil
 

No comments:

Post a Comment