Sunday, June 19, 2011

Quick Update

Just posting a quick update. Its been an amazing couple of days. I spent Friday night camping at Veterans Memorial park in Carmel, CA and of course didn't have Internet connectivity so that is why there was no blog post last night.

I didn't stop until late tonight and am too beat to upload pictures and relay all that has happened so I will just post a quick summary of what happened yesterday. 

I left San Luis Osbispo Friday morning and hopped onto highway 1. I can't even begin to tell you how gorgeous the drive is along the Pacific Coast highway is.  I stopped many times along the way just to take in the ocean and to talk to other bikers along the way.  The road twists and turns up and down the mountain side along the coast with incredible views of the ocean.  I spent some time in Morrow Bay by Morrow rock. The weather was excellent and the area around Morrow rock was gorgeous.

I had a hard time finding a place to camp as all the campgrounds I came across were full.  I finally found a spot in Carmel, CA and set up camp late in the evening Friday night. This campground was much nicer than the last campground and most importantly, there weren't any damn little flies.  Camped across from me was a couple from Sacramento who also were traveling by motorcycle.  I walked over and introduced myself and we talked for a while. They had this trailer that they pulled behind there Honda Goldwing. Not only did this trailer haul their stuff, but it also housed a full blown little camper, complete with queen sized bed. Now that is traveling in style. 

This time, I started a nice little campfire and relaxed next to the fire before going to bed. I didn't sleep any better than the last time I camped. The ground was still as hard as ever.  I woke up in the middle of the night to some strange noises outside my tent. I decided to check it out and it turned out to be a raccoon cleaning out a tinfoil pan left out by a German couple who were in the camp site next to mine.

I got up very early and broke camp and made myself a cup of instant coffee and was on my way. 

I need to get some sleep now so I will hopefully be able to upload pictures tomorrow and fill you in on what happened Saturday on the road. There is much to tell and lots of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment